Thursday, June 21, 2007

Atlanta

Atlanta is considered to be the most heavily forested urban area in the U.S. What does this mean? The criminals and gangs and mafia have hiding places for their illegal contraband and dead bodies. In 2004 Atlanta had 151 homicides but the number has gone down since then. In my travels through Atlanta I saw some very rough areas. The ghettos of Atlanta have a very different look. Many have a small town feel because the city is fairly spread out and many areas are wooded. The gang structure there is different than many other cities. I am not as familiar with the gang structure in Atlanta however I'm sure there is some sort of Mafia presence. Many of the famous strip clubs in Atlanta have mob ties. There is also a strong Mexican mafia/gang presence in the city from what I've heard.

But also, from my trips, I noticed something kind of funny about the city. Atlanta seems to have the highest amount of fake ass thugs per capita when compared to any other city. It seems as though every middle class kid and teenager in Atlanta wants to dance around and pretend to be hard. It could be that it was just coincidence from what I saw when I was there, but for the most part it looked like there were a lot of fakers runnin' around in Atlanta.

No comments:

Google