Friday, June 29, 2007

Where the Hood At?


Aight, it's time to start that age old debate. What city is the worst in the U.S.? Which areas keep it hood and have their own patented styles. I would love to hear feedback from others about what they do in their areas. Anyone can feel free to post comments.

This can even spill over to worst in the World... but since I've only left the U.S. one time (Tijuana...and I got arrested; but that's another story) I really have no say about hoods around the World. The U.S. is my specialty. After traveling around some with the And 1 Mixtape tour I've been able to see a lot of ghettos in the U.S. Though I haven't seen all, here are some of my thoughts.

New York. You've gotta start the debate with NY. Queensbridge Projects - biggest housing projects in the U.S. You've got notorious killers like Pappy Mason coming from this area. And you've gotta take it out to the West Coast and talk about notoriously ghetto areas such as Watts and Compton. We've also got crime rankings listing the most dangerous cities. Camden New Jersey, St. Louis and Detroit are frequently tops on this list. This can also be a blog to let people know about some of the smaller, lesser known areas that keep it hood and represent their own style.

No comments:

Google